You can also get up to 10 Cox email accounts with 2 GB storage space when you opt for Cox High Speed Internet connection. Cox webmail’s overall performance and user interface are very impressive. In addition, in a Cox email account the security features are also very nice. However, despite all these stupendous features, Cox email’s different errors and problems are unavoidable. It’s not unusual for users to grumble that their Cox email doesn’t work. The problems in a Cox e-mail account are very different. Each person can face a unique problem.
However, if your Cox e-mail stops working, this post is for you only. Here we discuss various issues in your Cox email account with the most convenient steps to fix them.
What are the common mistakes and problems in Cox email?
Cox email is not unlike any other popular email services. You can see several errors and problems in a Cox email account more often than not. We have compiled a list of the top issues that prevent Cox email from working for various users.
- Cannot sign up for COX email.
- Cox’s password email doesn’t work.
- Cannot send Cox email.
- The Cox SMTP server doesn’t work.
- Cox’s email account is itself blocked.
- Another person accesses my Cox emails (cox email hacked) account.
- Cox email doesn’t open Chrome Cox email that doesn’t answer Android.
- You cannot use Cox e-mail on a non-e-mail iPhone Cox account.
- Cannot reset the password of Cox.
- Cox e-mail does not work on third party applications such as Outlook, Thunderbird and so on.
We have listed these Cox errors only to illustrate them. In fact, there are many more issues that may occur sometimes in a Cox email account.
What are the main reasons Cox email doesn’t work for?
Below are the primary causes of common Cox email issues:
- An interrupted and slow internet connection: it is important that your internet connection works with an interruption in order to load your email correctly. If you are not connected to the Internet, Cox e-mails can cause you problems.
- The use of Cox e-mail in an incompatible browser or device: If you don’t load or open Cox e-mails, your browser may be the culprit.
- Using a wrong username or password: Most login issues arise because the Cox Email password has been forgotten. Users may also make mistakes when entering username and password. IMAP / POP Configuration Incoming: You can face errors due to improper IMAP / POP settings when using Cox in third-party applications including MS outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Extensions and additions installed in your browser: We install add-ons and extensions to enhance user experience on our browsers. These extensions can, however, also be responsible for Cox email errors and problems.
- Windows Firewall and your Antivirus: Sometimes the firewall and antivirus of your windows can also hinder the proper functioning of SBCGlobal.
What can I do if my email from Cox doesn’t work?
Let’s go through the steps to resolve Cox email problems in various devices.
Cox Email does not work on a PC:
In case your Cox Email account does not work with Google Chrome or other browsers like Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc, then follow the steps below
- To ensure you open Cox Email on a compatible browser.
- You should remove your browser data like caches, cookies etc. if your Browser is compatible and Cox Email still does not respond.
- Turn off 3rd party extensions and add-ons installed in your browser. You should deactivate these add-ons one by one to identify which add-ons are problem-free.
- Switch to other browsers and reload your Cox email.
- If the problem continues, you may deactivate the Windows firewall and antivirus for a while.
- If the Cox email does not work on Outlook or Thunderbird, you should review the configuration settings of POP / IMAP.
My email from Cox stopped working on the iPhone:
Although you may use a safari browser to access your Cox e-mail, it is smart to set up Cox e-mail on iPhone for better functionality. If Cox does not work on an iPhone, you should review the following instructions:
- Check the wireless and mobile Internet access on your iPhone.
- If it is on, switch off aircraft mode.
- Make sure your iPhone has ample storage space.
- Check the configuration settings for IMAP / POP.
- Should you have trouble using Cox email on iPhone via IMAP, you may switch to POP.
The POP settings for using Cox email on your iPhone are the following:
- Incoming mail server hostname: pop.cox.net
- Incoming mail port: 110
- SSL: none
- Outgoing mail server hostname: smtp.cox.net
- Outgoing port: 25
- Requires login: yes
If the problem continues, you should report the problem to Cox support.
Cox’s email doesn’t work on Android:
The following instructions are discussed on how to fix Cox’s non-Android problem:
- Check wifi / mobile and storage space on your android.
- Remove undesirable apps if your Android device runs out of space.
- Restart your Android phone again and try using Cox email again.
- To load Cox email on your Android phone, you should try switching to various browsers.
- Check your IMAP / POP settings to use Cox android email. The following are the COX email POP settings for Android:
- Incoming server hostname: pop.cox.net
- Incoming mail port: 110
- SSL: None
- Outgoing server: smtp.cox.net
- Outgoing port: 25
- Requires sign-in: yes
- Remember, if you cannot receive an e-mail, but can send it, your outgoing mail server may not work. Similarly, your incoming mail server may not work if the problem is to receive an email.
Instructions for fixing some other general problems:
Here are some general Cox emails instructions for troubleshooting common problems.
My password for my Cox email account doesn’t work:
Here are the steps you should take if your Cox email password does not work.
- Visit the Cox login page first.
- Click on the “Password Forget” link.
- Now, Cox will send you a Cox-related security code on your mobile number.
- Enter the security code at the location specified.
- Create a new password for Cox email and easily log in to Cox email.
Not sending / receiving emails from the Cox email account:
If an e-mail doesn’t arrive in your inbox then your Cox e-mail certainly won’t work properly.
- Check your email address in other folders in your Cox email account including spam, trash, etc.
- Check your Cox email account filters, and see if new incoming emails are not filtered out.
- Ensure that the sender / recipient has been blocked.
- Also, make sure that your recipient or sender is not blocked.
- Check the configuration settings for POP / IMAP. You can’t send an email if Cox SMTP server doesn’t work.
- Unable the antivirus software installed on your device temporarily.
If Cox email does not work for you, even after you have followed all of the steps mentioned in this post, you should contact Cox email support.
Cox Email Technical Support
Looking for Cox Email Technical Support? Yes, you are in right place. Just connect with our expert now! Call us @ or Don’t hesitate to chat with us regarding Your Cox Email Issues.