You may find Outlook helpful to handle your AOL mail accounts if you are using AOL for emails and Outlook in order to keep your timetable, keep your to-do lists, jot down notes and their other useful instruments. You can use AOL to link Outlook readily to your AOL mail accounts in just a few steps.
Steps to Add an AOL Mail to Outlook
The following measures are for Outlook 2016. The Outlook 2013 and 2010 instructions are the same.
Click File in the top menu of Outlook.
Make sure the information is selected in the left pane and click Add Account.
Enter your AOL mail address and then click Connect.
Enter the AOL Mail password, then click Connect.
Your AOL mail account is in Outlook now and will download your account emails.
Manually Add AOL Mail to Outlook 2010 and 2013
Manually to Outlook 2010, and to Outlook 2013 you can add an AOL mail account or AOL Mail Microsoft Outlook. Additional steps are required and server information are entered. The steps are comparable in 2010 and 2013, but there are changes which are observed in the steps (pictures from Outlook 2013).
Note: Here are the details for AOL’s SSL email servers and ports you will be required to enter when manually configuring settings for your account or AOL Mail Outlook Settings.
Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.aol.com, port 993
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com, port 465
The outgoing mail server requires authentication.
Click File > Outlook 2010 and 2013 info.
Click Add account.
Choose the radio button next to the Manual configuration or extra type of server.
The text in Outlook 2010 is slightly distinct. It reads Set up server configurations or other server kinds manually.
Select the Pop or IMAP radio button, then press Next.In the Pop and IMAP Account Settings panel, select IMAP from the dropdown menu next to Account Type.
Complete all remaining areas in the configuration window of the account. Enter your name and enter your AOL mail address for the email address.
1) Enter your name
2) Enter your email address for AOL Mail.
3) Enter imap.aol.com next to the Incoming mail server.
4) Enter smtp.aol.com next to the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP).
5) Enter your AOL Mail name without @aol.com for the User Name section (may already be populated for you).
6) Enter your password for your AOL Mail account.
7) Click More Configuration.
8) Click on the Outgoing Server tab (Outlook 2010 will not show extra tabs). To check the box next to My Outgoing Server (SMTP), authentication is necessary. Keep the chosen radio button next to my incoming mail server.
9) Click Advanced.
10) Click the Dropdown menus and select SLL for both IMAP and SMTP configurations.
Enter 993 in the Incoming Server (IMAP) domain.
Enter 465 in the Outgoing Server (SMTP) field.
11) Click OK.
12) Click Next to go back to the Add Account window. This starts a test of your account settings. If everything is entered properly, both are effectively finished.
13) Click close.
14) Your Outlook AOL Mail account will be added. Click Finish.